Friday, September 22, 2006

don't know when I'll be back again

Another first: blogging from the airport. Five hours ago I balked at the thought of paying $8 for wi fi here at LaGuardia; however, now that my plane has been delayed from 6:45 until 10:30 (and we'll probably sit on the runway for a couple of hours before we're allowed to take off, since every other flight out of Chicago this evening has done so), the $8 seems like money well spent. At this point, I'm hoping my stupid flight home doesn't turn into a red eye, for crying out loud.

More pressingly, however, there's a little grey mouse running around the empty concourse. The floor's pretty gross--lots of food debris, ergo lots of good pickins for the little fella--and he's so skittish. He's probably not long for this world, but maybe he's a fighter. I'd probably be freaked if he were in my apartment, but in this big, empty airport terminal, I don't mind the company. You keep on truckin', li'l brudder. Keep on truckin'.

3 comments:

Cella Bella said...

[laughsobbing] Oh-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho, lil' brudder!

Anonymous said...

Gaa! Chicago had a two hour ground stop today, on top of some already troubling delays. On one hand, it's good (I like the overtime), but on the other side, it sucks (I can't go to the concourse because I get twelve kinds of nasty looks).

Let me know if you've got time to kill when you're at our airport. I'll try to come upstairs and say hello. :-)

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't get shunted off to Detroit for four hours on the ground there with no batteries left.