Sunday, November 27, 2005

here in our hollow we fuse like a family

Ohh, how have we reached the waning days of November already? I have less than three weeks until my birthday, and within that time I have to take 4 terrifying exams. *sigh* But it's better to be burning my candle at both ends than twiddling my thumbs and feeling restless, I suppose, so onward we go.

But! I spent a couple days at home for Thanksgiving, and it was wonderful. I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and was properly impressed by the acting and directing; it's my favorite of the books, so I'm quite glad that they seemed to do it justice. A few plot points weren't properly explained for the uninitiated (whatever happened to Barty Crouch, Sr.? And are we supposed to assume that Dumbledore's muttering of "priori incantatum" is sufficient explanation for why Harry survived Voldemort's attack?), but for the most part, it was grand and glorious, and I didn't miss the house-elves at all.

Also worth mentioning: I saw Walk the Line the week before Thanksgiving in a super-special sneak preview, and it, too, was great. Reese Witherspoon was particularly compelling as June Carter, but Joaquin did a mean Cash and both are likely looking at Oscar nods. Apparantly it's somewhat similar to Ray in its telling, but I never managed to see Ray, so it was all new to me.

Anyway. I know the point of a blog is to make frequent, inane posts, so I'll try to get on that with greater regularity. In the meantime, I have a civil procedure outline to finish...

No comments: