Friday, January 19, 2007

we're on the edge of a knife

Blogging on a Friday night--how rockstar of me.

But anyway--our music class prof told us to check out the Digital Music Weblog, which I'm now subscribed to and find really interesting. So, if you're into that sort of thing (iPhones and Baidu.com and ragging on the RIAA--what's not to like?), check it out. Or, at least, read this posting about an independent artist who managed to sell enough shares (or "parts") of his record to fans on Sellaband to make the $50,000 necessary to fund his album. Awesome! And a truly auspicious harbinger of success with a new business model in the music industry.

Oh, and grades came out today, a day or two later than they were supposed to (the 1Ls were in a FUROR--still are in a furor, actually, if the action on our listserv is any indication). I wasn't exactly on the edge of my seat, but I do get a little rush of adrenaline when I log on to check grades each semester. Keeps the heart pumping. All I can say is apparently I'm getting the hang of law school now, which is good. I wouldn't relive last semester for ANYthing, but all's well that ends well, I suppose.

Now the Boy and I are going to watch the Office from yesterday--well, we will, when Monk and Psych stop recording. (Yes, I still use a VCR--but I also get free cable from my building management, so the TiFaux will have to wait.)

No comments: