Thursday, December 08, 2005

the minor fall, the major lift

Oh my god, it's beautiful outside.

It's snowing--really, really snowing--and while it wasn't so beautiful when I was thirteen blocks south and praying my taxi wouldn't rear-end the car in front of us, it's gorgeous now. I'm staring up at it through my blinds and I can't stop. I need to do laundry, I need to finish my civil procedure outline, I need I need I need--but Rufus is singing Hallelujah, and my heart is soaring through the falling flakes, and I'm positively transfixed. There are just so many snowflakes! Has it really been so long since I've seen it snow, like, really snow? Usually it happens overnight, or I'm at work, or otherwise occupied... but daylight is fleeting--it will be dark in an hour and a half--and for now, all I want to do is watch the snow fall. It's accumulating really rapidly, too. I'm so glad I have nowhere else to go.

Oh, yeah, exams. I've taken two so far, and there are two to go--halfway, thank heavens. I feel... okay. Cautiously optimistic? I know neither of my exams was perfect, but I also don't think I totally screwed up, so I would say definitely... maybe. And despite patting myself on the back for being a civ pro rockstar all these weeks, I know the exam going to kick my ass, so I need to get going on it. And torts... torts is just going to suck, plain and simple. I will be so ready to be done by then. I'm already so ready.

Oh, and I had an interview for next summer! A judicial externship... I really hope it went well. It was so low-key--refreshingly so--but that makes it all the more hard to read. Like the exams. I'm doing my best, and I can only hope it's good enough.

Oh, wow, it's snowing harder now. Excuse me.

I have to watch.

No comments: