Monday, November 19, 2007

we've got your number

Thanks for the concern re: that last post--I'm feeling better now, though no less stressed (and still staring down the barrel of a net neutrality paper--thank god for first drafts). A fun weekend away really helped things, too. I consumed more fettuccine Alfredo and drank less water more food of every conceivable variety AND more Mory's cup than I anticipated, froze my ass off at the H-Y Game only to have us LOSE in a highly embarrassing fashion, played Sonic the Hedgehog for the first time (talk about partying like it's 1991), blew out my voice at the YGC concert afterparty singalong, caught up with a LOT of people (some of whom I haven't seen in a very long time), perused the bounty of the New Haven IKEA, and got rear-ended en route from Whole Foods to California Pizza Kitchen Thursday night.

Well, ok, so that last one wasn't so great, but neither I nor the driver got more than a minor case of whiplash, and our mild shock post-accident had us ending the evening watching the Shot and Hogan Knows Best on VH1, both of which are way more entertaining than I would have expected. Now that the writer's strike is in full effect, I suppose I'd better start seeking solace in reality TV. sigh.

...or, perhaps, solace in the comfort of having a FINISHED DRAFT OMG. Pardon me whilst I go beat my head against the wall get cracking on that.

No comments: