Monday, April 03, 2006

we're leaving together, but still it's farewell

oh, man. What a week it's been.

Wigmore Follies '06, aka Back to the Follies, are naught but a memory, but what a wonderful memory. SO MUCH FUN. I have no idea how we'll top it next year. I won't miss the hideous turquoise parachute pants I had to wear for much of the show (nor the pink lace confection I wore the rest of it, and don't get me started on how indestructible Wet 'n Wild lipstick is), but I will miss singing, dancing and laughing with one hell of a group of talented people. I'm currently listening to the mix of songs from the show that our producer made us and feeling pretty darn nostalgic... we're partying again this Friday, but I already know that it won't be the same. The cast party last Saturday night was inSANE, and coupled with daylight savings time, I didn't get home till 6:30am... and had to be up at 9:15 for my Segway tour of Chicago with the 'rents. Lemme tell you: Segways are awesome. I bet they're even more awesome when you're not exhausted, dehydrated, and shivering because you failed to plan accordingly for the 35-degree drizzly weather. *sigh* It was great to see the fam again, though, and friend Dara, who came to Chicago for meeee--well, ok, she came for Chris Martin and his boys on Friday night, but she did see Wigmore on Saturday.

Anyway. Time to dig myself out of the academic hole into which I fell last week. Except I can't concentrate, because songs keep running through my head, and I want nothing more than to tire myself out by hopping, kicking, and over-enunciating "Hook Me Up With Notes from Civ Pro"... but I won't, ever again.

It's been four years since I've been in a play of any kind. Four years! I can't believe that. Gee whiz, how I've missed being onstage. Here's to hoping we can recreate the magic with Wigmore '07...

No comments: