Wednesday, July 12, 2006

hit me with those laser beams

Against my better judgment, I watched the World Series of Pop Culture again this evening.

I don't know if they commited the same promo gaffe as yesterday; I muted the tv and checked my email during the final commercial break. Fool me once, shame on, shame on you... you fool me, you can't get fooled again!!!11

*coff*

ANYhow, "Zoolander" was an answer tonight, which, yay (in response to a Star Couples question about which 2001 film has both Ben Stiller and his real-life wife Christine Taylor). I tend to pick a team to root for, just to keep things interesting, and Cheetarah has been my only pick thus far who's actually advanced, so go team! In the second matchup I was gunning for Sexual Chocolate because they were comprised of attorneys (gots to keep it in the profession, natch). But in the final round, the last-dude-standing on their team gave this horrendous sarcastic eye roll after he missed a Child Actor question about which star, in 2000, was arrested at age 18 for attempting to steal a boat--but had forgotten to untie it from the dock. The answer was Brad Renfro, and while I don't necessarily remember this particular anecdote, I know he's gotten into a bad way in the years since Tom and Huck (and I'll never forget the girl several rows behind us in the theater who whistled every time he came onscreen).

Anyway, my point--and I have one--is, DUDE. Come on. Don't act like Brad Renfro is so "out there" that nobody could've answered it. You're on a TRIVIA SHOW, for heaven's sake. You are SUPPOSED to know dumb stuff like this. If you don't, YOU look bad, not the question, not the announcer, not even poor, incarcerated, coke-addled Brad Renfro--YOU. So get off your high horse already. (Which, I suppose, you have, since you LOST. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.)

Perhaps if this show gets me so annoyed I should refrain from watching future episodes...

In unrelated news, Cinnamon Honey Bunches of Oats might be my new favorite cereal (displacing previous fave Special K with Yogurt & Berries). Try a box from your friendly neighborhood grocer next time you stop in. It's better than Brad Renfro on coke! Or Sexual Chocolate!

No comments: